Popular Posts

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Wait Upon the Lord

In my daily reading, I came across:
"I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
He has put a new song in my mouth --
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
Psalm 40:1-3
Waited Patiently
It's in the waiting, I've learned. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
I have been weary, oh, so weary; Bone dry in spirit, emotionally empty, physically exhausted. Jackals have haunted the hollow places of my soul, a barren, desert land. My heavens have been bronze and my earth like iron.
And I have cried out to the Lord, even pleaded, begged. Lord, renew my strength, my foot slips.
But God slept while the storm raged around me.
It is in the waiting and through the waiting that God does His work, not in the immediate delivering.
And we are to wait patiently. Build homes and live in them, plant gardens and eat of their fruit because this captivity is going to take a while. But God will remember His promise and bring His beloved back to the promised land in due time.
He inclined to me, And heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Praise God, He is good. He did not allow His Holy One to see decay, and neither will he suffer it with you. God will deliver you from your doubt and fear, heartbreak or despair and set your feet upon a rock, The Rock. He will make your feet like hinds feet, and set you upon the high places. In time, He will do this. It only takes time.
And then, this is my favorite part, He will put a new song in your mouth. Sing to me a new song, our God demands. Out of the suffering we patiently endured, He forms a new song of praise in our soul and brings it forth from our lips through joy. He works a new work of faith in His believer, a new understanding of love, a new experience of forgiveness and it becomes our song, a precious melody, a joyful noise unto the Lord.
Praise God. Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the Lord.
But the secret is in the waiting.
by C.C.Kurzeja
2005 All Rights Reserved

7 comments:

digitalcowboy said...

Very well written.

This is exactly what He's been teaching me for nearly 3 years now. I did good for the first 2 and half, learned a lot of patience and developed a much deeper understanding of my relationship with Him.

Over the last few months, though, I allowed myself to become "weary in well-doing" and all but gave up for a while.

It's just been in the last few days that I'm really getting back on track. Like an idiot, I had to mess it all up again and reach the end of myself again, before I ran back to Him.

Thank God, His mercy is new every morning or I would've been sunk long ago.

Arielle said...

cZja,

What a blessing this was. That is exactly how I have been feeling lately. A few months ago I prayed that God would give me patience. I realized a day or two ago that He is answering my prayer - not by immediately making me a patient person, but by teaching me slowly.

Flicka Spumoni said...

Arielle,
Joyce Meyer says something like: Patience is not waiting for God to work. Patience is HOW YOU ACT while waiting for God to work.

I need to have that plastered on my forehead.

Flicka Spumoni said...

D.C.
I'm praying for you.

Yes, throw yourself on His mercy - this is my game plan for life.

As The Flying Nun says (when contmeplating the vastness of her own sinful nature)
I'm just going about the Father's business while He goes about mine.

Serena said...

DC - that is why I love Psalm 107. It shows how we keep getting in a desperate situation in our lives and then we call out to Him and He answers. He is doing a good work in you as He has promised. He always does.
Shalom,
Serena

Serena said...

Flicka,
Thanks for sharing that. Another way of putting that is perseverance and that is how we overcome. It is the tenaciousness of Jacob holding onto the Angel of YHWH(actually Messiah) in the darkness and not letting go and demanding He bless him. Jacob is such a picture of overcoming and also of learning patience. Not many men would work for 7 years to gain the woman they love. He is one of my favorite people in the scriptures. We have to learn to hold on in the darkness and when it is the right time He will bless us and take us out of that miry clay.
Love and shalom,
Serena

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me why one of my favorite U2 songs was written by David...